Thursday, February 19, 2009

EMBUTIDO - FILIPINO STYLE MEAT LOAF

Embutido known as Filipino Style Meatloaf is one of my fave dish. I used to cook embutido every week because my husband and my son who is 9 year old like to eat this one.

I have my own ingredients of cooking embutido which my family really like most compared to the other embutidos around.

Try it and see the difference. :-)

INGREDIENTS:
• 1 kilo ground pork
• 3 raw eggs
• 1 onion chopped finely
• 3 pcs chorizo de bilbao
• 1/2 cup raisin/sultana
• 1/2 cup sweet relish
• 1 cup sausage/hotdog, chopped
• 1/2 cup grated cheese
• 2 hard boiled eggs quartered
• 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
• 3 tbsp bread crumbs
• Salt & pepper, to taste
-)Add at least two sachet of Maggie Magic Sarap for unique taste

PROCEDURE:
1. In a large bowl, combined all the ingredients except for the hard boiled eggs
2. Mix well, until blended.
3. Spread half of the mixture in an aluminum foil. (enough to make one roll)
4. Arrange the hard boiled eggs on top.
5. Roll the mixture over to form a jelly rod.
6. Roll tightly and wrap in aluminum foil, seal both ends. Repeat with the remaining pork mixture.
7. Place the roll in a steamer for one hour. Chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment